To enter for your chance to win this month’s prize all you have to do is share your current sealant protocol in the comment section. The winner will be chosen on Thursday, October 15th, 2015. Good luck!
My current sealant protocol:
1. Place Isolite for isolation, retraction and evacuation
2. Clean the tooth with an ultrasonic scaler or hand scaler (if necessary) and then clean with a micro etcher (I use a cheap eBay air polisher with aluminum oxide powder)
3. Rinse thoroughly
4. Acid etch for ~15 seconds
5. Rinse thoroughly and air dry
6. Work sealant material into the grooves and pits with a micro brush and then fully cover the remaining occlusal surface with a thin layer of sealant material. I use a wet-bond sealant like Embrace or Ultradent’s hydro sealant.
7. Light cure for ~15 seconds
8. Trim any excessive sealant material with hand scalers.
I also use 4.5x loupes with a Lumadent headlight. I personally believe magnification is necessary to place high quality sealants.