I just picked up these bite blocks from eBay last week ($7 for 5). I haven’t used them on a patient yet, but here are my initial thoughts so far. Stay tuned for a full review in the next few weeks.
1. The bite block places the saliva ejector in a more ideal location compared to its competitors.
2. The bite is relatively firm, but not crazy firm like some bite blocks I’ve used. Bite blocks in general tend to be too firm in my opinion.
3. Part of the bite block has an “edge” to it, but I didn’t notice it when placing it in my mouth.
4. I will be using my favorite saliva ejector (the Total Comfort saliva ejector – shown in photos below) when testing which produces little to no tissue suck.
5. The bite block comes in one size.
Mark Frias, RDH